In the News
Google infuses AI everywhere
Google announced several products that rely heavily on AI at its recent I/O event:
- Google Home – a direct competitor to Amazon Echo
- Google Assistant – a direct competitor to Siri
- Allo and Duo – direct competitors to Whatsapp or Skype with built-in chatbots
- Are IBM's claims about Watson and AI fraudulent? More
- Google developed its own chips (ASICS) to run deep learning algorithms faster than with GPUs. They claim their advance is equivalent to a 7-year advance on the Moore power law. This is huge, and they are keeping their designs private. More
- Amazon is building autonomous drones. More
- AI is now on the White House's agenda. More
Software tools & code
This newsletter is a weekly collection of AI news and resources. If you find it worthwhile, please forward to your friends and colleagues, or share on your favorite network!
Suggestions or comments are more than welcome, just reply to this email.