Welcome to the Post-AlphaGo world
In the aftermath of AlphaGo's win against Lee Sedol their have been tons of comments on what this means for our future. The timing may be a coincidence, but South Korea announced a few days later a $860M AI fund. They don't want to miss the AI bandwagon.
What now? The next frontier is said to be complex games such as Starcraft, that come with their own set of huge challenges.
Microsoft has already announced that it will transform Minecraft into a a testing ground for artificial intelligence experiments. Computer scientists and amateurs will be able to evaluate and develop AI software using its virtual landscapes from July.
Interesting times ahead!
In the News
10 YCW16 startups in the AI field
The new batch of startups admitted to the famous Y Combinator accelerator demoed this week. Here are the startups building services related to AI:
- Nova - AI that writes sales emails
- DeepGram - A search engine for sound
- Msg.ai - AI for conversational commerce
- SendBird - Chat API for mobile apps and websites
- Cover - Get insurance by taking a photo
- Chatfuel - Chatbot platform
- Varden Labs - Self driving shuttles for private campuses
- Castle.io - Behavior-based security
- Prompt - Chatbot platform
- Skymind - Open source deep learning software
Software tools & code
This newsletter is a weekly collection of AI news and resources, curated by @dlissmyr.
If you find it worthwhile, please forward to your friends and colleagues, or share on your favorite network!
Suggestions or comments are more than welcome, just reply to this email. Thanks!