Welcome to AI weekly, a newsletter with a selection of top news and resources on A.I., Deep Learning, and Machine Learning.
Forward this email to your friends and colleagues and help them stay on top! Subscribe here.
In the News
Also in the news...
- Researchers at Shanghai university are shocking the world with this paper where they use Deep Learning to explore correlations between someone's appearance and criminality. More
- Samsung is building its own AI assistant for the Galaxy S8. More
- Baidu self-driving cars begin public tests in Wuzhen, China. More
- Google releases improvement to its Translate tool. Accuracy bump said to be greater than what was achieved over last 10 years. More
- DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment. More
- Dr Fei-Fei Li, a Stanford faculty member who did pioneering work in Deep-Learning such as Image-Net is taking a full-time position at Google. The wave of departures from academia continues, possibly posing a threat to academic reasearch.
Software tools & code
This newsletter is a collection of AI news and resources curated by @dlissmyr. If you find it worthwhile, please forward to your friends and colleagues, or share on your favorite network!
Suggestions or comments are more than welcome, just reply to this email.