In the News
Review of recent corporate deals involving AI
Corporate activity in AI slowed in 2015 after reaching a six-year high in 2014. Major players include Bloomberg Beta and Samsung Ventures.
Android's creator wants to bring AI to the next level
Andy Rubin unleashed Android on the World. Now watch him do the same with AI
Also in the news this week...
- NSA's Skynet program that uses data science to identify terrorists is said to have caused the death of thousands of innocent people. More
- GPU maker Nvidia beat Q4 expectations thanks to strong interest in Deep Learning. More
- Palantir acquires Kimono Labs, a company that turned websites into structured APIs. More
- Diffbot gets $10M from Tencent to build the largest database of structured data. More
- Reports on troubles at Nest, the smart-home company Google bought for $3.2 billion. More
Baidu - Getting Deep Speech to work in Mandarin
Baidu recently developed a Mandarin recognition engine that performs better than native speakers. Here thy discuss what they did to adapt their system to Mandarin and how their end-to-end learning approach made the whole project easier.
ICLR accepted papers
Raw list of papers accepted for this year's ICLR conference. Many interesting ideas in the list.
Software tools & code
List of great resources dedicated to recurrent neural networks.
Simplified interface for TensorFlow (mimicking Scikit Learn)
AI and unemployment
According to some, weak AI will take over the jobs of ~50% of the population in the next few decades. What will the impact be on the labor market, on our societies and our lifes?
Shazam for Fashion
Thread genius presents its technology to help customers search for and find fashion items.
This newsletter is a weekly collection of AI news and resources.
If you find it worthwhile, please forward to your friends and colleagues, or share on your favorite network!
Share on Twitter · Share on Linkedin · Share on Google+
Suggestions or comments are more than welcome, just reply to this email. Thanks!