In the News
Also in the news...
- ACLU says Amazon's face recognition Falsely matches 28 members of Congress with mugshots. More than anything else, this is a reminder that face recognition through neural networks is probabilistic by nature and must be handled correctly (Amazon says ACLU did not use a proper threshold). More
- Pentagon said to be preparing major AI strategy this summer. More
Hiring? Looking for a job?
I am listing open positions in A.I. / M.L. here. Feel free to submit open positions here!
- Lead Solutions Strategist - Manufacturing or Retail/CPG @Element AI, Toronto or Montreal
- Senior Software Engineer, Semantic Scholar @Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Seattle
- Research Scientist @Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Seattle
- Deep Learning Engineer @Brighter AI Technologies, Berlin, Germany
Software tools & code
This newsletter is a collection of AI news and resources curated by @dlissmyr. If you find it worthwhile, please forward to your friends and colleagues, or share on your favorite network!
Suggestions or comments are more than welcome, just reply to this email.